Hotels are among the most visible and important aspect of a country’s infrastructure and are closely linked to the tourism industry. Moreover, day by day as this industry is gaining new heights, there is greater demand of professionals who can engage in hotel management industry in a much more defined manner.
DIVERSITY OF OPTIONS
Hotel management is an area that concerns itself with the operation facet of the hotel industry. There is greater diversity in this area than any other profession as this industry involves a combination of aspects like:
- food and beverage service
- house keeping
- front office operation
- sales as well as marketing
Rising corporate activities of foreign as well as Indian Multi National Companies lead to various lucrative holiday packages from various travel and tourism firms. This in turn is leading to more number of trips, thus helping this industry to grow.
Students who want to pursue a career in hotel management can either opt for :
- 3-4 year degree course
- 4 year diploma course
- from various institutions both from India and abroad.
- During the course, students are also given training with successfully running hotels so that they can apply their theoretical knowledge into real life situations.
Professionals and graduates may find job opportunities in various fields within this sector, for example:
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Airline Catering
- Cabin Service
- Hospital Management
- Institutional Management (like Supervising canteens in school, factories, guest houses, etc.)
- Club Management
- Catering in railways, banks, defense as well as other government departments