This article will enlighten you about the VISA procurement details for Nigerians to study in India and how Edoofa helps a Nigerian student secure his/her VISA.
WHAT IS A VISA?
A visa is a conditional authorization granted by a country to a foreigner, allowing them to enter, remain within, or to leave that country. Visas typically include limits on the duration of the foreigner’s stay, territory within the country they may enter, the dates they may enter, the number of permitted visits or an individual’s right to work in the country in question. Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter a country and thus are, in some countries, distinct from actual formal permission for an alien to enter and remain in the country. In each instance, a visa is subject to entry permission by an immigration official at the time of actual entry and can be revoked at any time.
WHY DOES ONE NEED A VISA?
A visa most commonly takes the form of a sticker endorsed in the applicant’s passport or other travel documents. The visa, when required, was historically granted by an immigration official on a visitor’s arrival at the frontiers of a country, but increasingly today a traveler wishing to enter another country must apply in advance for a visa, sometimes in person at a consular office, by mail or over the internet. The actual visa may still be a sticker or a stamp in the passport or may take the form of a separate document or an electronic record of the authorization
A visa generally gives non-citizens clearance to enter a country and to remain there within specified constraints, such as a timeframe for entry, a limit on the time spent in the country, and a prohibition against employment. The possession of a visa is not in itself a guarantee of entry into the country that issued it, and a visa can be revoked at any time.
A visa application in advance of arrival gives the country a chance to consider the applicant’s circumstances, such as financial security, the reason for traveling, and details of previous visits to the country. A visitor may also be required to undergo and pass security or health checks upon arrival at the border., which the applicant can print before leaving home and produce on entry to the host country.
LET ME GIVE YOU THE VISA PROCUREMENT DETAILS FOR NIGERIANS TO STUDY ABROAD.
Nigerian students mainly require these three important things to apply for their VISA:
i. Documents attestation from the ministry of education, Nigeria.
(How To Do Your Documents Attestation In Nigeria- click on this link to know about it.)
ii. Eligibility from ministry of education, Nigeria
(How To Get Eligibility Letter In Nigeria – click on this link to know about it.)
iii. NDLEA clearance (NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA CLEARANCE)
iv. Admission Acceptance Letter.
v. Embassy undertaking.
vi. College documents.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO START THE VISA PROCUREMENT PROCESS TO STUDY IN INDIA:
APPLICANTS FOR VISA CLEARANCE MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING-
1. Evidence of business status/occupation.
2. Evidence of link overseas.
3. Bank draft of 10,000 nairas payable to CHAIRMAN/CHIEF EXECUTIVE, NDLEA, photocopy of the bank draft should be done and payment made to the accounting unit NDLEA for the issuance of FGN treasury receipt, after which two photocopies of the receipt should be made.
4. Photocopy of tax clearance certificate (not needed for students)
5. Certificate of origin from Local govt of origin
6. Six passport photos without eyeglasses
7. Photocopy of first five pages including the laminated data page of traveling ppt
8. Typewritten application addressed to the chairman/ executive, NDLEA titled application 4 clearance
9. In writing state who is sponsoring the trip, how much and the source of the finance
10. A copy of statement of sponsor
12. Production of two guarantors for interview, father/mother.brother/sister, wife/husband guarantors not allowed
13. Married women should bring the letter of approval to travel from their husband.
A GUARANTOR MUST PRODUCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
IF A CIVIL SERVANT/EMPLOYEES OF A RECOGNISED CORPORATION-
1. He/she must be a senior civil servant from gl 10 and above or management staff of a recognized corporation.
2. Must bring a letter of introduction from employer /ministry with an official reference number.
3. Must write a letter of commitment to act as guarantor.
4. Produce photocopies of identity card and letter of employment or promotion.
IF A PROFESSIONAL:
1. Must write a letter of commitment to act as guarantor
2. Must produce photocopies of his/her certificate of qualification
IF A BUSINESSMAN/WOMAN:
1. WRITE A LETTER OF COMMITMENT TO ACT AS GUARANTOR.
2. MUST PRODUCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Photocopies of the certificate of incorporation and form c07 stating names and addresses of director or memorandum of association.
Evidence of landed properties.
NOTE: A GUARANTOR CAN ONLY GUARANTEE ONE APPLICANT AT A TIME.
HOW DOES EDOOFA HELP STUDENTS WITH THEIR VISA APPLICATIONS?
Edoofa assists students with VISA application processing. Edoofa follows the norms by the authorities like the Embassy and Indian Government. Edoofa helps you with the application and making sure that right documents from the university reach the embassy at the right time and VISA process runs smoothly. The student pays to the Embassy for VISA application. VISA fee varies from country
to the country.
To learn more about Edoofa, VISA & Embassy, watch this video by the Founder of Edoofa Mr. Angad
YOUR FIRST STEP TOWARDS STUDYING ABROAD:
Get connected with the most caring, experienced and empathetic career counselors who help you with direct and actionable advice for career growth.
Register yourself on the website www.edoofa.com.
Or contact us directly over WhatsApp @ +91 7292063289 so that we can reach out to you and get you connected to one of the counselors in 24 to 48 hours.
All the best!!