If designing is your passion and fashion your forte, then a degree in Leather Designing can be your big ticket to the glamour world. After all this is one profession where the designers get to design all cool stuff ranging from gloves, to scarves to belts and more. It is a lucrative career option in today’s world. Both domestic and international companies are seeking for high-tech and well trained leather designers due to leather products become a part of the fashion industry.
Skills Required for Leather Designing
- Designing skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Sound knowledge of computer aided designing software.
- Knowledge of environmental standards govern by domestic and international laws.
Leather technology is a rapidly growing career sector. Many a times, it is considered as a part of fashion industry as well as an independent career sector.
Different courses are available for leather designing across the world. These courses are of different levels and different time duration.
- Certificate program in leather designing, eligibility for which is 10th class.
- Diploma in leather designing, eligibility for which is class 10 or equivalent.
- B.Sc. in leather designing, eligibility for which is class 10+2 or equivalent.
- PG Diploma in footwear science, eligibility for which is B.Sc. in leather designing.
To pursue a career in Leather Design, passion, super creativity and drive are needed. However, earning a specialized degree in Leather Design from leading fashion and art schools can position you for sleek jobs in fashion houses and glam stores. Several fashion and fine arts schools offer specialized courses as well as graduate programs in Leather Goods and accessory design. In order to enrol in associate or undergraduate programs, students must possess 10+2 and must pass standardized entrance tests. Most graduate and advanced programs entertain previous on-hand experience in designing and may request portfolio of creative work together with college transcripts during admission.